Friday, May 18, 2012

A Spoonful of Me encanta ver el templo: Guatemala Mission week 14

Family! Friends! 

I hope you're all doing well. I am doing fantastic. This last week was a super spiritual week because we had a multi-zone conference and then we got to go to the Quetzaltenango temple. It meant we didn't have a lot of time in our area this week, but it was such a good experience, I don't really wish it was different. 

Firstly, the multizone conference was great. It was kind of a lot of sitting down and listening which I learned from the MTC is hard to do without drifting off, but we had interesting enough material that I was able to do pretty well. We had a 70 come, Elder Gavarret from Uruguay, with his wife, as well as Pte. Maravilla and his wife. They all had great messages to share on how to improve our work as missionaries. And we got fed. That was nice. 

Secondly, the temple. Wow. It was so nice to go. It was all in Spanish which is the 2nd time I've done it in Spanish, but I was surprised how I understood mostly all of it. The Quetzaltenango temple is definitely one of my favorites because it is sooooo pretty. It's modeled a lot off the Draper temple so if you've been to that temple just picture that, but in Guatemala and with mountains in every direction. It's even on a hill like in Draper. I loved it. 

Sadly, it doesn't look like we're going to have a baptism this month, which is actually strange for this mission. Everybody has at least 2 every month. It has seemed to dampen my trainer's spirit a little because she wanted this first change of my mission to be the best possible. I'm not too worried about numbers for now. I know we're working hard and sometimes we're just given challenges like this. We do have a family we're teaching now that is super pilas (or awesome) and will probably be baptized in the next month. 

Stay safe and happy and until next week!

-Hna Cappuccio

P.S.: Enjoy the photos! I hope they work this time. Some are from the temple, some from the capital. I'll let you figure out which ones are which. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment